AFL Round 11
GIANTS v Gold Coast
Sunday, June 1, 1.45pm
9:55am: Gates Open
10:05am: NEAFL - GIANTS v Gold Coast Suns
1:45pm: AFL - GIANTS v Gold Coast Suns
GIANTS Stadium is located on Grand Parade, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, just minutes from Olympic Park Station and across from ANZ Stadium and Qudos Bank Arena.
Join the GIANTS for Sir Doug Nicholls round as we take on the Gold Coast Suns at GIANTS Stadium.
To purchase tickets, click here.
You can also call 13 28 49 or visit Ticketmaster agencies. The ticket office at GIANTS Stadium will be open from 12.45pm, located outside Gate D.
A GIANTS membership is one of the best value in any sport, click here to see our range of packages and sign up today or head to the Membership Hub on the corner of Showground Road, off Murray Rose Avenue.
Membership and Merchandise
You can pick up some gear from the GIANTS Membership Hub at the corner of Showground Rd and Murray Rd, or from the merchandise stall on game day. Members receive 10% off all merchandise! Visit the Members Hub to sign up and take advantage of this members’ exclusive discount.
The GIANTS’ 2019 Indigenous Guernsey will be available for purchase on the day for $110.00.
Sir Doug Nicholls Round
The GIANTS will celebrate the AFL’s annual round that recognises and celebrates Indigenous players and culture at GIANTS Stadium.
Named in honour of Sir Doug Nicholls, who epitomised the spirit of reconciliation, he played 54 games for Fitzroy and was a brilliant all-round athlete. The first Aboriginal person to be knighted, he also served as Governor of South Australia and was devoted to the well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The GIANTS, along with the 17 other AFL clubs, will wear Indigenous-themed jumpers with the GIANTS’ design called Football Dreaming.
GIANTS fans will be welcomed to GIANTS Stadium at 1pm with a dance performance by the Wagana Dancers and can engage in Aboriginal storytelling from Wiradjuri man Larry Brandy.
Fans of all ages can also take part in a traditional basket weaving and art workshop run by Karleen Green.
Public Transport and Parking
Free train travel on game day is included in your 2019 GIANTS membership and tickets.
Bus: The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park. For service disruptions check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner.
Train & Metro: The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park. There is a direct service between Lidcombe's platform Zero and Sydney Olympic Park.
The are a number of train lines undergoing track work from 2:00am Saturday, June 1 until 2:00am Monday, June 3 which may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: Until 2pm each day, some trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- T1 Western Line: Until 2pm each day, some trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Leppington only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Until 2pm each day, buses replace Homebush trains between Strathfield and Central. Leppington Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern, every 30 minutes. Trains will not stop at Ashfield.
- T9 Northern Line: Some trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- For information about trackwork, click here.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains, which can quickly take you between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station on the North West Line. Change at Chatswood to connect with train services towards Olympic Park.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
For the latest information, to check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
Ferry: Sydney Ferries are a great way to get around the city but services can be popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner. GIANTS Stadium is approximately a 40 minutes walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the precinct.
Car: Parking is available throughout Sydney Olympic Park. Pre-purchasing tickets to these car parks recommended with the P1 carpark being within the closest proximity to GIANTS Stadium. To pre-purchase parking, click here.
Match Day Activities
There are two fan zones inside GIANTS Stadium the GIANTS Fan Zone and The GIANTS Recruits Zone!
GIANTS Fan Zone
Located just inside Gate D, the GIANTS Fan Zone has a number of fun activities for the whole family.
- Toyo – Get down to the Toyo Skills Station and practice your kicking skills! Whilst you are there, take a photo and tag it with #driventoperform for your chance to Kick for Cash out on the field at ¾ time where you could win up to $150,000!
- Kia - Get Game Ready at Kia’s Fan Zone! Write you message of support on the cheer cards (as seen on Brown Cardigan), grab a photo in the Stinger or your face painted in GIANTS colours. Also find out how you can enter into our quarter time on field race to beat The Sting, for your chance to win a Kia Stinger!
- Groupon Win at every home game by heading to the Groupon spin wheel where you could win a cool Groupon experience or GIANTS giveaways.
- St.George: - Pick up your ‘Go GIANTS' banner from the St.George promo staff and learn how to apply for a St.George Footy grant for your footy club! All thanks to the St.George Footy Grants program.
- GIANTS Fan Hub – Get your team posters, Goal Banners for gameday and more at the GIANTS Fan Hub
- GIANTS Airbrush Tattoos – Show your support with custom GIANTS tattoos
GIANTS Kombi DJ – Feel the gameday atmosphere with the GIANTS Kombi DJ
- GIANTS Mascots - Get your GIANT Hi-fives and photos with GMAN & GiGi
GIANTS Recruits Zone
A safe and fun area for the younger GIANTS to have some fun in front of the scoreboard at GIANTS Stadium. It’s close enough to the action that parents can keep one eye on their young ones and one eye on the footy.
- Milo – Get some hang time on Milo’s ‘Speccy Inflatable’ & enjoy a free cold Milo!
- GIANTS Recruits Hub – Bring your recruits card to get your exclusive GIANTS Recruits Prize! Not a member? You can sign up on the day for FREE!
- GIANTS Big Kick Inflatable – Practice kicking goals like Jeremy Cameron on the GIANTS Big Kick!
- GIANTS Dual Inflatable – Shoot like Caitlin Bassett and pass like Stephen Coniglio on the GIANTS dual Netball and AFL station!
- GIANTS Recruits Photobooth – Get your photo with some of your favourite GIANTS and G-Man & GiGi at the Recruits Photobooth.
- GIANTS Facepainting – Show your support by turning your face orange and charcoal
Kia’s Beat the Sting
Get excited GIANTS fans, because in season 2019 we have a brand new quarter time event that you won’t be able to take your eyes off – Kia’s Beat the Sting. The premise is simple – one lucky contestant is going to run 200m from point post to point post along the boundary for the chance to win a brand new Kia Stinger. The catch? They have to beat The Sting.
NAB AFL Auskick
Cheer on the some of footy’s brightest young stars during the half-time NAB AFL Auskick games!
Toyo Tires Kick for Cash
The Toyo Tires Kick for Cash is back and bigger than ever! $100,000 is up for grabs at every GIANTS home game this season. But this year, if the participant is a 2019 GIANTS Member, they’ll be kicking for an incredible $150,000! Simply post a selfie prior to the first bounce this Saturday on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #DrivenToPerform and you could be kicking for $100,000 or $150,000 at three-quarter-time.
Macca’s Kick 2 Kick
Kick 2 Kick is back! Thanks to McDonald’s, head on-field after the second siren and have a kick with your mates on GIANTS Stadium. Kick 2 Kick will be on at every GIANTS home game at GIANTS Stadium and UNSW Canberra Oval, thanks to McDonald’s, the official restaurant and official coffee partner of the GIANTS and AFL.
Mac for a Match
McDonald’s, the Official Restaurant of the GIANTS, is rewarding fans with a free Big Mac for each GIANTS Stadium home game win! If the GIANTS win a game at GIANTS Stadium this season, everyone who attends the match can redeem a free Big Mac on the following Monday from participating restaurants. Click here to find out more.
Match Day Partner – Lendlease
Lendlease, in conjunction with the Young Indigenous Pathways Program (YIPP), are our round 11 match day partner. As we celebrate Sir Doug Nicholls Round at GIANTS Stadium, we will be welcoming students and participants from YIPP to take part in the day’s pre-game festivities. A joint initiative between Lendlease, the National Aboriginal Sporting Chance Academy (NASCA) and the GIANTS, YIPP provides Aboriginal students in years 9 and 10 with training and education in life-skills, career development, healthy lifestyles and cultural identity.
The GIANTS squad will be named on gwsgiants.com.au and the Official GIANTS App at 6.20pm on Thursday evening.
The game will be broadcast LIVE on Channel 7 in NSW and ACT from 1:30pm and across the nation on Fox Sports 3, and can be streamed via the AFL Live app, Foxtel Now or Kayo app with a subscription purchase.
For the latest television and radio broadcast guide, CLICK HERE.
You can also follow the GIANTS on social media for game updates and behind-the-scenes content on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram @GWSGIANTS.
The official match hashtag is #AFLGIANTSSuns.