The GIANTS have welcomed the release of the 2020 Toyota AFL Fixture with the club set to host an array of blockbuster home games in Western Sydney and Canberra.
After making their inaugural Grand Final this year, the GIANTS are set for a big 2020 AFL Premiership season with a fan-friendly mix of big-name opponents and family-orientated time slots.
The GIANTS kick-off next season with an historic AFL/AFLW double-header at GIANTS Stadium against Geelong in round one, before the rivalry between the AFL’s youngest club and the Western Bulldogs resumes in a round-three Friday night blockbuster at UNSW Canberra Oval.
Join the Big, Big Sound and become a GIANTS 2020 member to make sure you don't miss a moment at GIANTS Stadium or UNSW Canberra Oval. Click here to re-new or to sign up now!
A host of mouth-watering clashes at GIANTS Stadium punctuate the remainder of the season, with powerhouse clubs Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood coming to Western Sydney.
GIANTS CEO David Matthews said:
“We’re already looking forward to what promises to be a huge season at GIANTS Stadium and UNSW Canberra Oval in 2020.
“Our suite of Sydney home games feature numerous highlights, including the men’s first game of the season where history will be made as the GIANTS become the first club to host an AFL/AFLW double-header for Premiership points.
“Hosting clubs like Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon at GIANTS Stadium is a big win for our supporters, as is a blockbuster Friday night against the Bulldogs in Canberra.
“We’re pleased to be able to secure five twilight Saturday games at GIANTS Stadium, which is the preferred slot for our members and supporters.
“Pleasingly, we also get the chance to take on fellow finalists Brisbane in the nation’s capital – the first time the Lions have played in the ACT.
“There’s no doubt it’s an exciting time to be a GIANTS fan with a very attractive 2020 fixture ahead of us."
Highlights of the GIANTS’ 2020 AFL Premiership fixture include:
- The first-ever AFL/AFLW double-header at GIANTS Stadium
- Hosting traditional Victorian powerhouses Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong at GIANTS Stadium
- Opening the season in Canberra in round three with a Friday-night blockbuster against the Western Bulldogs
- Five home games in Sydney in the family-friendly Saturday twilight time slot
- Two Sydney Derbies in round five at the SCG and round 19 at GIANTS Stadium
- Three regular-season games at the MCG in rounds two, seven and 18
- Nine games broadcast nationally on the Seven Network and 12 games on Fox Footy
- Friday night away clash against Minor Premiers Geelong in round 21 at GMHBA Stadium
The GIANTS will play the Tigers, Cats, Bulldogs, Bombers and Swans twice.
As well as nine games shown nationally via the Seven Network, every game will be shown live in NSW and the ACT on 7mate and Fox Footy.
After an historic season in 2019 where the club made its first-ever Grand Final and set another membership record with over 30,000 members, there’s only one way to be there for all the action: visit membership.gwsgiants.com.au or call 1300 442 687.