AFL Round 20 – Sydney Derby XVIII
GIANTS v Swans
Saturday, August 3 at 2:10pm
10:20am: Gates Open
10:30am: NEAFL - GIANTS v Swans
2:10pm: AFL - GIANTS v Swans
GIANTS Stadium is located on Grand Parade, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, just minutes from Olympic Park Station and across from ANZ Stadium and Qudos Bank Arena.
Sydney Derby XVIII sees the rivalry between the GIANTS and the Swans re-ignite in round 20. Make sure you’re there with your orange on to cheer on the GIANTS.
To purchase tickets, click here.
You can also call 13 28 49 or visit Ticketmaster agencies. The ticket office at GIANTS Stadium will be open from 10:10am, located outside Gate D.
A GIANTS membership is one of the best value in any sport, click here to see our range of packages and sign up today or head to the Membership Hub on the corner of Showground Road, off Murray Rose Avenue.
Membership and Merchandise
You can pick up some gear from the GIANTS Membership Hub outside Gate D. Members receive 10% off all merchandise! Visit the Members Hub to sign up and take advantage of this members’ exclusive discount.
Public Transport and Parking
Free train travel on game day is included in your 2019 GIANTS membership and tickets.
Bus: The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route 533 runs from Sydney Olympic Park to Chatswood via Rhodes & North Ryde.
For service disruptions check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner.
Train & Metro: The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park.
Express trains will run between Central and Olympic Park every 20 minutes from 12pm until 6pm, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield. As well, shuttle services between Lidcombe and Olympic Park will run every 10 minutes until midnight.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 3 August until 02:00 Monday 5 August and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- Metro North West Line: Buses replace Metro services between Tallawong and Chatswood.
- City Circle Line: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall. Buses replace trains from Circular Quay to Wynyard and Town Hall, in that direction only.
- T1 North Shore Line: Buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard. Trains from Wynyard run around the City Circle in one direction only, first stop Circular Quay.
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains run between Penrith and Central only. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only.
- T2 Inner West Line: Trains run to a changed timetable around the City Circle.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. Revesby trains run between Revesby and Central via the Airport. Macarthur trains towards the City run via Sydenham. Trains from the City Circle to Macarthur run via the Airport.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and Central.
For the latest information, to check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
Ferry: Sydney Ferries are a great way to get around the city but services can be popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner. GIANTS Stadium is approximately a 40-minute walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the precinct.
Car: Parking is available throughout Sydney Olympic Park. Pre-purchasing tickets to these car parks recommended with the P1 carpark being within the closest proximity to GIANTS Stadium. To pre-purchase parking, click here.
Match Day Activities
There are two fan zones inside GIANTS Stadium the GIANTS Fan Zone and The GIANTS Recruits Zone!
GIANTS Fan Zone
Located just inside Gate D, the GIANTS Fan Zone has a number of fun activities for the whole family.
- Toyo Tires Kick for Cash – Get down to the Toyo Tires Skills Station and practice your kicking skills! To go in the running to take part in the Toyo Tires Kick for Cash at three-quarter-time, download the GIANTS App and get kicking with the augmented reality Toyo Kick for Cash game!
- Kia Beat the Sting -Get Game Ready at Kia’s Fan Zone! Write you message of support on the cheer cards, grab a photo in the Stinger or your face painted in GIANTS colours. Also find out how you can enter into our quarter time on field race to beat The Sting, for your chance to win a Kia Stinger! To celebrate Members Round, Kia are giving one lucky member a 50 METRE head start against The Sting. Now’s the time to enter to win that Stinger!
- Groupon Spinning Wheel - Win at every home game by heading to the Groupon spin wheel where you could win a cool Groupon experience or GIANTS giveaways.
- St.George Banner - Pick up your ‘Go GIANTS' banner from the St.George promo staff and learn how to apply for a St.George footy grant for your footy club! All thanks to the St.George Footy Grants program.
- GIANTS Fan Hub – Get your team posters, Goal Banners for gameday and more at the GIANTS Fan Hub
- GIANTS Mascots - Get your GIANT high-fives and photos with GMAN & GiGi
- DJ – Dance along to some of the latest hits and some old favourites.
GIANTS Recruits Zone
A safe and fun area for the younger GIANTS to have some fun in front of the scoreboard at GIANTS Stadium. It’s close enough to the action that parents can keep one eye on their young ones and one eye on the footy.
- Milo Inflatable – Get some hang time on Milo’s ‘Speccy Inflatable’ & enjoy a free cold Milo!
- GIANTS Recruits Hub – Bring your recruits card to get your exclusive GIANTS Recruits Prize! Not a member? You can sign up on the day for FREE!
- GIANTS Big Kick Inflatable – Practice kicking goals like Jeremy Cameron on the GIANTS Big Kick!
- GIANTS Dual Inflatable – Shoot like Caitlin Bassett and pass like Stephen Coniglio on the GIANTS dual Netball and AFL station!
- GIANTS Recruits Photobooth – Get your photo with some of your favourite GIANTS and G-Man & GiGi at the Recruits Photobooth.
- GIANTS Face Painting – Show your support by turning your face orange and charcoal
Kia’s Beat the Sting
Get excited GIANTS fans, because in season 2019 we have a brand new quarter time event that you won’t be able to take your eyes off – Kia’s Beat the Sting. The premise is simple – one lucky contestant is going to run 200m from point post to point post along the boundary for the chance to win a brand new Kia Stinger. The catch? They have to beat The Sting.
NAB AFL Auskick
Cheer on the some of footy’s brightest young stars during the half-time NAB AFL Auskick games!
Toyo Tires Kick for Cash
The Toyo Tires Kick for Cash is back and bigger than ever! $100,000 is up for grabs at every GIANTS home game this season. But this year, if the participant is a 2019 GIANTS Member, they’ll be kicking for an incredible $150,000! Entry for the Kick for Cash is now via the augmented reality Toyo Kick for Cash game!
Macca’s Kick 2 Kick
Kick 2 Kick is back! Thanks to McDonald’s, head on-field after the second siren and have a kick with your mates on GIANTS Stadium. Kick 2 Kick will be on at every GIANTS home game at GIANTS Stadium and UNSW Canberra Oval, thanks to McDonald’s, the official restaurant and official coffee partner of the GIANTS and AFL.
Mac for a Match
McDonald’s, the Official Restaurant of the GIANTS, is rewarding fans with a free Big Mac for each GIANTS Stadium home game win! If the GIANTS win a game at GIANTS Stadium this season, everyone who attends the match can redeem a free Big Mac on the following Monday from participating restaurants. Click here to find out more.
Match Day Partner – Toyo Tires
Returning for their fourth year as the Match Day Partner for the GIANTS’ edition of the annual Sydney Derby, the game will once again be highlighted by the ¾ time Kick For Cash, giving one lucky GIANTS Fan the Chance to Kick for up to $150k.
Toyo Tires – Proud Co-Major Partner of your GIANTS.
Community Partner - Women's Community Shelters
Women’s Community Shelters is an Australian charity which works with local communities to set up new crisis accommodation shelters for women leaving homelessness, domestic and family violence.To date, WCS has helped six different communities establish and open crisis shelters to provide more safe havens and additional nights for vulnerable women and children at risk. Their vision is to expand their network to at least 10 shelters across NSW by then end of 2020, these include Parramatta, Blacktown and Camden.
To find out how you can help the Women's Community Shelters CLICK HERE.
The GIANTS team will be named on gwsgiants.com.au and the Official GIANTS App at 6.20pm on Thursday evening.
The game will be broadcast LIVE on Channel Seven in NSW and the ACT from 2:00pm and across the nation on Foxtel, and can be streamed via the AFL Live app, Foxtel Now or Kayo app with a subscription purchase.
For the latest television and radio broadcast guide, CLICK HERE.
You can also follow the GIANTS on social media for game updates and behind-the-scenes content on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @GWSGIANTS.
The official match hashtag is #AFLGIANTSSwans, or #SydneyDerbyXVIII