A slate of blockbuster games, including prime time matches against last year’s grand finalists, headline the GIANTS’ 2024 fixture.
The Orange Tsunami will resume proceedings when they get first crack at the reigning premiers, as they host Collingwood in the inaugural ‘Opening Round’ on Saturday, March 9 at GIANTS Stadium.
As announced on Wednesday, the new initiative will see the four northern clubs open the 2024 season with standalone games across NSW and Queensland.
Back-to-back games at home will have the GIANTS primed for the perfect start to the season, as they host the Kangaroos in a Saturday twilight match before hitting the road.
The GIANTS will host the Saints at Manuka Oval in round five, while the round seven ANZAC Day clash with the Lions headlines this year’s Canberra fixture.
The game marks the second ANZAC Day clash for the club, having previously hosted the Suns in Canberra in 2015.
A return to GIANTS Stadium in round 10 will welcome one of the greatest rivalries in the modern era of the game, as the GIANTS host the Western Bulldogs on Saturday, May 18.
The GIANTS will get their chance to host the Swans in Sydney’s west, when they entertain their cross-town rivals at GIANTS Stadium in round 15 in what will be Sydney Derby XXVIII.
The full fixture for the first 15 rounds has been revealed, as well as the match ups and locations for the final nine rounds.
The GIANTS play four of their 11 home games in the last nine rounds, with days and times yet to be confirmed for fixtures with the Blues, Suns and Fremantle at GIANTS Stadium as well as a round 21 clash with the Hawks at Manuka Oval.
The GIANTS’ 11 home games are spread between eight games at GIANTS Stadium in Sydney Olympic Park and three games at Manuka Oval in Canberra.
The Orange Tsunami will travel interstate on 11 occasions and play at a total of 12 different venues. However, this is no challenge for Adam Kingsley’s side who became the first team to ever win at 11 different venues in a single season in 2023.
Highlights of the GIANTS’ 2024 fixture:
- Hosting the reigning premiers at GIANTS Stadium in the inaugural Opening Round fixture.
- Five of the eight fixtures at GIANTS Stadium feature Victorian clubs.
- Adam Kingsley and Damien Hardwick will go head-to-head for the first time, as the GIANTS meet the Suns in the second annual Gather Round in Adelaide.
- ANZAC Day fixture against the Lions in Canberra.
- Sydney Derbies in round eight (away) and round 15 (home).
- Blockbuster clash with rivals the Western Bulldogs at GIANTS Stadium
- Two games against top Victorian clubs – Richmond and Melbourne - at the MCG.
- Three Saturday 4:35pm fixtures so far, the preferred timeslot for GIANTS members.
- A return to Ballarat in round 24 where the GIANTS’ recorded a come-from-behind win to record a club best seven-game winning streak.