AFL Round 22
GIANTS v Western Bulldogs
Sunday, August 18 at 3:20pm
11:30am: Gates Open
11:40am: NEAFL - GIANTS v Brisbane Lions
3:20pm: AFL - GIANTS v Western Bulldogs
GIANTS Stadium is located on Grand Parade, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, just minutes from Olympic Park Station and across from ANZ Stadium and Qudos Bank Arena.
Sunday afternoon football returns to GIANTS Stadium as the GIANTS take on the in-form Western Bulldogs.
Don’t miss a great afternoon for the whole family with Kids under the age of 15 getting FREE tickets thanks to Woolworths Sunday Funday at the AFL. Simply purchase a full priced adult ticket online or at the gate and receive access to up four FREE children's' tickets. For more information on this offer click here.
To purchase tickets, click here.
You can also call 13 28 49 or visit Ticketmaster agencies. The ticket office at GIANTS Stadium will be open from 11:20am, located outside Gate D.
A GIANTS membership is one of the best value in any sport, click here to see our range of packages and sign up today or head to the Membership Hub on the corner of Showground Road, off Murray Rose Avenue.
The GIANTS Sensory Room is a secluded space created to allow children with Special needs to feel safe and secure by limiting light and noise while creating a comfortable environment for them to enjoy the day with their families. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Innovation Games at GIANTS Stadium is bringing a free, science-based family fun day to Sydney Olympic Park before the GIANTS clash with the Western Bulldogs. From 11am-3:30pm, the Innovation Games will include a number of great activities including; GIANTS Sports and Fitness, Australian wildlife displays, The Australian Museum, Virtual Reality gaming and so much more.
For more information about this FREE event for the whole family click here.
Membership and Merchandise
You can pick up some gear from the GIANTS Membership Hub outside Gate D. Members receive 10% off all merchandise! Visit the Members Hub to sign up and take advantage of this members’ exclusive discount.
Public Transport and Parking
Free train travel on game day is included in your 2019 GIANTS membership and tickets.
Bus: The following Sydney Buses services run to Sydney Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route 533 runs from Sydney Olympic Park to Chatswood via Rhodes & North Ryde.
For service disruptions check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner.
Train & Metro: The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park.
The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park. Catch a train to Lidcombe for a direct service to Olympic Park from Platform Zero running every 10 minutes until 10:20pm, then every 20 minutes until midnight.
Trackwork is taking place from 2:00am Saturday 17 August until 2:00am Monday 19 August and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Waterfall and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Cronulla and Sutherland, and between Central and Bondi Junction.
- South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Dapto and Central, and between Port Kembla and Wollongong. Trains run to a changed timetable between Bomaderry and Kiama, and between Kiama and Dapto, with some trains leaving up to 70 minutes earlier than normal.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead.
For the latest information, to check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
Ferry: Sydney Ferries are a great way to get around the city but services can be popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Check travel alerts or use the Trip Planner. GIANTS Stadium is approximately a 40-minute walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the precinct.
Car: Parking is available throughout Sydney Olympic Park. Pre-purchasing tickets to these car parks recommended with the P1 carpark being the closest in proximity to GIANTS Stadium. To pre-purchase parking, click here.
Match Day Activities
Complete your GIANTS passport by completing activities throughout the day at GIANTS Stadium to go in the draw to WIN one of 5 signed footies. Play a game in the arcade zone, get a photo in the photobooth, high five GMAN & GiGi, score a goal on the dual inflatable and get your passport signed by a GIANTS player to win!
There are two fan zones inside GIANTS Stadium: the GIANTS Fan Zone and The GIANTS Recruits Zone!
GIANTS Fan Zone
Located just inside Gate D, the GIANTS Fan Zone has a number of fun activities for the whole family.
- Kia Beat the Sting -Get Game Ready at Kia’s Fan Zone! Write you message of support on the cheer cards, grab a photo in the Stinger or your face painted in GIANTS colours. Also find out how you can enter into our quarter time on field race to beat The Sting, for your chance to win!
- Groupon Spinning Wheel - Win at every home game by heading to the Groupon spinningwheel, where you could win a cool Groupon experience or GIANTS giveaways.
- St.George Banner - Pick up your ‘Go GIANTS' banner from the St.George promo staff and learn how to apply for a St.George footy grant for your footy club! All thanks to the St.George Footy Grants program.
- GIANTS Fan Hub– Get your team posters, ‘goal’ banners for game day and more at the GIANTS Fan Hub
- GIANTS Mascots– Get your GIANT high-fives and photos with G-Man & GiGi
- DJ –Dance along to some of the latest hits and some old favourites.
GIANTS Recruits Zone
A safe and fun area for the younger GIANTS to have some fun in front of the scoreboard at GIANTS Stadium. It’s close enough to the action that parents can keep one eye on their young ones and one eye on the footy.
- Milo Inflatable – Get some hang time on Milo’s ‘Speccy Inflatable’ & enjoy a free cold Milo!
- GIANTS Arcade - Ride a rollercoaster and ski down a mountain on the GIANTS Virtual Reality arcade. Challenge your friends on the basketball arcade.
- GIANTS Recruits Hub – Bring your Recruits card to get your exclusive GIANTS Recruits Prize! Not a member? You can sign up on the day FREE of charge!
- GIANTS Big Kick Inflatable – Practice kicking goals like Jeremy Cameron on the GIANTS Big Kick!
- GIANTS Dual Inflatable – Shoot like Caitlin Bassett and pass like Stephen Coniglio on the GIANTS dual Netball and AFL station!
- GIANTS Recruits Photobooth – Get your photo with some of your favourite GIANTS and G-Man & GiGi at the Recruits Photobooth.
- GIANTS Face Painting – Show your support by turning your face orange and charcoal
Kia’s Beat the Sting
It’s been one of the most exciting additions to GIANTS Match Days this season – Kia’s Beat the Sting! The premise is simple – one lucky contestant is going to run 200m from point post to point post along the boundary for the chance to win. The catch? They have to beat The Sting.
And if you thought Sam Hughes took the keys to the only Kia Stinger at the WestConnex Centre after beating the Sting in round 20, then think again. Beat the Sting this weekend for a chance to be cruising the streets of Sydney in your own Kia Stinger for the next 12 months!
NAB AFL Auskick
Cheer on the some of footy’s brightest young stars during the half-time NAB AFL Auskick games!
Toyo Tires Kick for Cash
The Toyo Tires Kick for Cash is back and bigger than ever! $100,000 is up for grabs at every GIANTS home game this season. But this year, if the participant is a 2019 GIANTS Member, they’ll be kicking for an incredible $150,000! Entry for the Kick for Cash is now via the augmented reality Toyo Kick for Cash game!
Macca’s Kick 2 Kick
Kick 2 Kick is back! Thanks to McDonald’s, head on-field after the second siren and have a kick with your mates on GIANTS Stadium. Kick 2 Kick will be on at every GIANTS home game at GIANTS Stadium and UNSW Canberra Oval, thanks to McDonald’s, the official restaurant and official coffee partner of the GIANTS and AFL.
Mac for a Match
McDonald’s, the Official Restaurant of the GIANTS, is rewarding fans with a free Big Mac for each GIANTS Stadium home game win! If the GIANTS win a game at GIANTS Stadium this season, everyone who attends the match can redeem a free Big Mac on the following Monday from participating restaurants. Click here to find out more.
The GIANTS squad will be named on gwsgiants.com.au and the Official GIANTS App at 6:20pm on Thursday evening, before the 22-man team is named at 5pm on Friday. The final team will be confirmed 90 minutes before the bounce.
The game will be broadcast live on 7mate (Channel 73) in NSW and the ACT from 3:00pm and across the nation on Foxtel, and can be streamed via the AFL Live app, Foxtel Now or Kayo app with a subscription purchase.
For the latest television and radio broadcast guide, CLICK HERE.
You can also follow the GIANTS on social media for game updates and behind-the-scenes content on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @GWSGIANTS.
The official match hashtag is #AFLGIANTSDogs