GIANTS Chief Executive Officer David Matthews joined the GIANTS board in 2019.
Mr Matthews assumed the role as GIANTS Chief Executive Officer in November 2011 following more than a decade as a member of the AFL Executive.
The GIANTS have enjoyed a period of continual growth under Mr Matthews’ leadership with highlights including:
- Expansion to include a successful AFLW team and a GIANTS Netball team
- Record membership base and year-on-year growth
- 6th highest corporate support in the AFL
- Developing state of the art training and administration facilities at Sydney Olympic Park
- Grand Final appearance in 2019
- A successful player retention strategy in a highly competitive market