Callan Ward is ready, but will the GIANTS pick him?
It is a question still going back and forth in GIANTS coach Leon Cameron's mind just days out from the club's return to the field.
Ward's performance in the GIANTS' intra-club match on Saturday again proved the midfielder is well equipped to step back into the top level after last year's knee reconstruction.
However, Cameron said it was a careful balancing act with the 30-year-old coming off a shortage of match practice straight into the GIANTS' clash with North Melbourne at GIANTS Stadium on Sunday.
"'Wardy' is an interesting case. He's probably 13 or 14 months since he did his ACL against the Cats in round four last year," Cameron said on Tuesday.
"But he's had a really good three-week block. He can't really do anything else, other than get picked by us, and we'll decide on that over the next 24 hours.
"You're always wondering 'Does he need another game?' But what we've seen on Saturday he played some really good footy, so we'll sit down as match committee this afternoon and make that decision on him."
The GIANTS will welcome back dashing defender Zac Williams after he missed round one with a calf injury, with the club having more than 40 players to choose from heading into their restart.
Last year's best and fairest Tim Taranto is the only high-profile GIANT sidelined by injury as he recovers from his shoulder reconstruction, in what is an unusual situation for the club which has suffered a consistent run of bad injury luck in recent seasons.
"[It hasn't happened much] in the last three years," Cameron said.
"It's been challenging, and hopefully we can sustain that throughout the year because a healthy list is going to be a huge part of the challenge of staying in contention for finals footy at the end of the year.
"It doesn't matter who that is – all 18 clubs would like a healthy list."